What is Thermocoagulation?
Vasculyse is used to eliminate imperfections such as?
· Skin tags
· Ruby points
· Telangectasia (Dilated Capillaries)
· Cholesterol deposit
· Stellar Angioma (spider veins)
Benefit of thermocoagulation treatment?
· Non-Invasive ; it does not pierce the skin
· Effective; most imperfections disappear within 1 to 3 sessions
What are dilated Capillaries?
Dilated capillaries appear gradually as we age, usually around the age of 45 years. Over time, the capillary walls lose their elasticity and become permanently distended, several factors can lead to capillary dilation including
· Sun Exposure
· External Aggressors
· Hormonal Causes
· Health Conditions
Ruby Points (cherry angiomas)?
Are vascular blemishes that consist of highly concentrated dilated capillaries over a small area
· Found on face, neck , chest and back
· They have a circular shape
· They can be small and level with the skin
· They can be thick and slightly raised
A type of telangiectasis (swollen blood vessels) found slightly beneath the skin surface, often containing a central red spot and reddish extensions which radiate outwards like a spider's web
· Star or spider shaped
· With a central circular nucleus of dilated capillaries
· May appear at any age
· Located mostly on the side of the nose or under the eyes
Skin Tags are small growths of epithelium , they usually appear with age and can be the same color of your skin or slightly darker. Some people are more prone to developing them than others. They are mostly made up of epidermal cells, but do have a small capillary connection. Nevertheless they are very easily removed with Vasculyse.
· Occur on the eyelids, neck, armpits, groin folds, and under breasts
· Are harmless
· The friction created by skin rubbing against skin, basically on areas of the body with folds
· Wearing tight clothes may contribute to skin tags in people who are overweight
· May start to develop without noticing
Milia also known as cysts, are often found in groups. The cysts occur when keratin becomes trapped beneath the surface of the skin. Keratin is a strong protein that is typically found in skin tissues, hair, and nail cells.
· White hard bumps
· Typically appears on the nose and checks
· Occur in people of all ages
· Common in babies
Most common in people with a lipid disorder called dyslipidemia.
· Yellow deposits can form around your eyelids as a side effect of having high levels of lipids in your blood
· These yellow spots may not be harmful initially, but they can gradually worsen and cause pain
· They may also be a sign of a more serious underlying health problem
· Yellowish-white lumps of fatty material accumulated under the skin on the inner parts of your upper and lower eyelids
· Plaques contain lipids, or fats, including cholesterol, usually appear between your eyes and nose
What to expect during treatment?
During treatment, the probe simply touches the skin surface, following the dilated capillary. Vascular blemishes disappear on contact. Most other conditions are successfully treated in one or three sessions with minimal skin reaction.
Possible effects after treatment?
· Redness ( Temporary and lasts a few hours after treatment)
· Pain or Burning sensation ( Temporary and lasts a few hours after treatment)
· Crusting (will fall off themselves in a few days NO PICKING)
· Scars ( Are very rare and may appear if crusts are removed prematurely)
· Hypo\Hyper Pigmentation ( Very rare and appears only if area has been submitted to sun exposure immediately after treatment)
· Swelling or infection ( Very Rare and issues ONLY if area has not been kept clean)
How many treatment will i need?
The number of treatments will vary from one individual to another and will depend on the area being treated. Typically 1 or 3 sessions with minimal skin reaction
·No Sun Exposure , 48 hours prior to treatment?
· Will not treat areas affected with Dermatitis; Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne, Cold sore
·Dry skin lacks oil (sebum) and takes longer to heal ( dry skin is more prone to scabbing)
·Drink lots of water and apply moisturizer morning and night
Post treatment care?
· Do not touch , stretch or manipulate the treated area for at least 24 hours
· Clean the treated area very gently, do not use NOTHING aggressive
· If you wish to wear makeup, gently apply using clean fingers ( avoid sponges as they carry bacteria)
· Use Sunscreen to avoid hyperpigmentation
· Apply cold compress if the area feels hot
· Apply a medicated prescription such as, Polysporin, Neosporin, Hydrocortisone
· Do not drink alcohol for 24 hours ( dilates capillaries)
· Do not take aspirin for 48 hours after treatment
· Always moisturizes day and night
· Scabbing will fall off on its own within 3-21 days (Do not pick, that will causes hyperpigmentation)
· Avoid other treatments that emit intense heat
· Drink plenty of fluids
· Diabetes (Insulin- Dependent)
· Prescription Drugs ( Blood Thinning Anti-coagulants)
· Any medical condition that delays healing process
· Viral Hepatitis
· Keloid Scars
· Metal Implant
· Rosacea ( During active phase or with severe acne)
· Active Herpes simplex ( Cold Sore )
· Infection or swelling on the treatment area